Our Vision (work in progress)
This is work in progress – we are still collecting ideas from local people!
- Affordable local food is at the heart of everyday life for all the family.
- Local food is everywhere – schools, hospitals, care homes, local shops, restaurants.
- Local people buy fresh produce locally instead of in supermarkets.
- Local food producers thrive all over the Brecon Beacons and around, employing and training local people.
- Local food production is actively tackling climate change: highly productive agro-ecological methods, minimising carbon and methane emissions and sequestering carbon.
- Opportunities are presented to young people to start producing local food and to consider a career in food.
- New local food entrepreneurs have information, inspiration, mentoring and peer support.
- Existing food businesses and local processing are growing as the local market expands.
- Everyone living in the National Park has pride and pleasure in local food, served and sold daily.
- The Brecon Beacons and surrounding areas are enjoyed by visitors as a wonderful place to enjoy local food.
- To be continued …..
Photo: Joe Thorn. Flickr, Creative Commons